Friday 2 March 2012

I see my WildlifeKate Hub for the first time!!!!

I have been looking forward to this day for a while.... when Phil, Donna and I were actually going to meet and I was going to see the beginnings of my WildlifeKate Hub!

 Believe it or not, Phil and I met via Twitter. He saw me tweet about my dreams of building a wildlife building in my garden... one which I had designed that would have all I would want in terms of wildlife additions. Phil was wanting a website. Instantly, we could see that we each had skills that the other wanted.... could we work together in some way? Phil and I started talking, on the phone, on MSN, via Twitter... and went from strength to strength and quickly realised that between us we could actually turn this into reality!

 Today was the first time we actually met face to face and it has been amazing! Considering we had never actually met until today, it soon felt like we had known each other for years and we have hardly drawn breath in the nine hours we have spent together!

 The most exciting part was to actually see the first part panel of my hub. I designed this building and although I have a picture and a dream in my mind, actually seeing it in real life was just SO exciting... Suddenly it really hit home that this building was actually going to turn into a reality. Phil is a very talented carpenter and this building is going to just be truly amazing. Built in panels, Phil and Donna will then transport it down to the NEC and build it in situ, along with the other fencing boundaries of my stand. They will then be on the stand for the whole of the week, showcasing this creation and telling people all about it and how it was designed and built.

 Phil has part built one side of the Hub and my first view of it was under wraps in hi garden in Cumbria.... in the drizzle!


Phil then took off the cover and I could see part of my hub for the first time!....





We had so any other things to discuss... windows, Wildlife Pods (the add-ons for the Hub), door, fittings, green roof...... and the logistics of pulling this all off.... so much to plan and it is already March!



We are all so fired and excited by the whole project and we know we are going to be a winning team. The wonderful thing about pairing up with others is that when you combine skills, you end up with so much more than the two of you could ever achieve alone.

We will be sharing the build of the WildlifeKate Hub with you all, so if any of you can come to the NEC you, too, will feel part of this amazing journey!





 











1 comment:

  1. I am sure it will look great when all finished and I hope and pray you come away with gold

    ReplyDelete