Wednesday 4 April 2012

Phils' Blog: We travel to the WildlifeKate Headquarters!

Hello again 
Today me and Donna, my partner, made our first visit to Wildlifekate's patch. We took the trays I've made which Kate will be planting up and they will sit on top of the hub creating the  green roof whilst it's in the NEC arena.

Whilst we were at Kate's we were lucky to get an exclusive view into behind the scenes of what we see on Twitter and her website and believe me it's very impressive. Kate showed us how it all worked, showing us where all the nest boxes , hedgehog box ,clay cavern etc  are situated...no ground has been left uncovered .
We also got to meet her lovely children and her loveable pets, Kate's three Siamese cats and Bryn the dog. .
We discussed GWL over tea and cake and Kate even treated us to a tasty lunch . We had a fantastic day and cant wait to get cracking on the rest of the hub .


I have now sourced all the FSC rated timber for the hub and it will be delivered to me early next week , so  you will now start to see the hub come together.I will be taking loads of pics from start to finish which will be posted to my blog  for you all to see .


No comments:

Post a Comment