Monday 2 April 2012

Catching up!

So much has been going on that I have struggled to get the time to blog about my progress.
Now we are in April, June seems much closer! Lots of organising has been going on in the background and we should see a lot of things coming together in the next month.

Firstly, I have started planning and planting for the show. I am growing some plants for the stand myself and working with G-Scapes for the remainder. G-Scapes will be having a stand at the show, so hopefully, the plants you see on my stand can be purchased from them! I went along and discussed my insect planting with Brydon (the nursery manager) and Dan Gee and I will return to the nursery in late May to choose the individual plants I want. There will be two planters; one will be ferns and hostas (as I have shaded areas with lots of these in my garden) and the other will be planted with insects in mind... lots of nectar rich species. I have planted a similar area in my garden and this season we will see how successful it all is in attracting bee, butterflies and other insects to the garden.


Things are moving on massively with my hub and we have just had all the wood delivered for that! I am very excited about Phil starting the major build and there will be lots of photos coming soon showing its progress. I am going to grow a green roof on this building, but need to be able to grow and then move that to the show. Phil is building me some trays that I cam going to plant it all up in. The trays will be transported to the show and lifted up onto the roof. He is making them for me this week and will be delivering them here, to the WIidlifeKate patch on Wednesday! I can then get cracking with seeding these up and nurturing them for the next few months to get them ready for the big week!

I have been talking to Vicky at  'Forest', who produce FSC rated garden products and I am delighted to announce that they will be supporting the WildlifeKate stand and you will be able to see some of their great products on my stand, including lovely fencing panels, planters and compost bin!



I have also seen the first proofs of my WildlifeKate banners, but I am going to keep those under wraps for the moment until we have fine tuned them!

Also, I am hoping to have a fantastic wildlife giveaway every day on my stand.... I will announce those prizes from some very generous companies a bit closer to the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment