Friday 25 May 2012

Testing out a Planter!

This week, I made a visit to the G-Scapes Nursery as I am working with this local garden centre and nursery when at the show. Not only are G-Scapes selling their stunning plants at the show but they also have a show garden, which sounds amazing!!! You must go and take a look if you come to the show.

G-Scapes are going to lend me all the plants I need for my stand and I will plant them up in a similar way to my garden... one planter with hostas and ferns, as I have shaded damp areas and then two others with insect attractants... plants that are rich in nectar and great to attract a range of insects and pollinators to your patch.

Phil Clark brought the planters he had made me down a couple of weeks ago and I took one as a tester, up to the nursery. These planters will be painted up this weekend, but I wanted to gauge what they were going to look like and how many plants I am going to need. 

I absolutely love ferns and hostas.... so I was in HEAVEN at the nursery as it was packed with luscious foliage and I revelled in the fact I could pick and choose what I wanted! All that you see on my stand can be purchased from the G-Scapes plant stand at the show and it is going to look amazing! 

I played around with my fern/hosta bed and then I will return in a week or so to choose all the insect ones as we will have a better idea of what will be flowering for the show. G-Scapes will then transport all my plants (including some trees!) to my stand on the Monday morning and then collect it all and return it at the end of the show (if I haven't run off with it all by then!)

I must say a HUGE thanks to the whole clan at G-Scapes as they really have made a huge difference by helping me out. I will be working with them in lots of ways over the coming year.

Here are some shots to whet your appetite........




















1 comment: