Sunday 10 June 2012

Sunday Show Build up

The day started early for us as Martin and I drove a large van and my car fully loaded to the NEC to start the build up of my show stand. It was quite a scary moment when I first looked at that huge bare expanse of carpet.......



With a team of amazing friends and family, it was not long before we had unloaded the vehicles and Phil Clark and Donna had arrived all the way from Cumbria. Phil began straight away, constructing my hub, whilst Martin and I returned home to load the vehicles up again with a second set of materials and plants!


Phil had constructed the hub so it would fit together like a high tech flat pack....







On our return with load number 2, we used the planters to support the fence panels that have been very kindly donated by Forest Gardens... they look amazing!





By the afternoon, it was all starting to come together!






My dad and Phil J were there all day providing me with essential extra hands... I did let them have a brief break!!








 By the end of our first day of build up, we had constructed all the main part of the stand.....




Tomorrow, the plants arrive from G-Scapes and we have quite a lot of hub painting to do! 


It has been an amazing day... seeing all the plans from the last 6 months starting to come together and to see my WildlifeKate Hub in the flesh... all from a little sketch I drew some 6 months earlier!!


For a slideshow of all the photos from today, visit the GWL Sunday page on my website where I have uploaded them onto Flickr

3 comments: