Saturday 9 June 2012

Nearly Ready to Go!

Time has simply flown past and with so much to complete, I have not blogged as much as I would have liked to before the show.


This week, it has been half term, so the whole week has been dedicated to all the last minute preparations for the show next week. We have from Sunday to Tuesday to build and it is going to be a challenge!


On Thursday, I made my visit down to the G-Scapes Nursery again to choose my plants for the nectar rich flower beds. It was harder than I thought... too much choice, but I have gone for one planter in yellows and oranges and one planter in pinks and purples. The nursery have been amazing and I am very lucky to be working with them. They will deliver everything to my stand on Monday! 












G-Scapes have a show garden and a plant stand at the show, so make sure you visit them if you are coming.


Today has been a very busy day. Martin drove all the way up to Phil Clark's in Cumbria to collect my WildlifeKate Hub and bring it home. It filled the van we had hired... more so than I had anticipated, so we are going to have to make a few more journeys to the NEC tomorrow than I thought! We have spent all day getting as much loaded in 2 estate cars and the van ready for our travels. The NEC is about half an hour from here and we can start the build at 8am..... then have until 10pm on Tuesday.


I have SO much stuff.... just can't believe it! We will have a least three journeys tomorrow I reckon.








I emptied the sink pond ready for transportation!






It took us an hour to move all the green roof panels from up the garden, down to my garage area ready for loading. With all the rain we have had, they weigh a tonne!





My garage is completely full still and that's after we have loaded 3 vehicles!







It's all very exciting and I can't wait to get going. I will be tweeting and trying to blog in the evenings... we'll see how I go. Off to bed now... it's been a long day and this is only the beginning!

1 comment:

  1. lovely post Kate I am sure you will get evening down intime from Linda

    ReplyDelete